Friday, May 20, 2011

Interview with Brent Marks

Lincoln Speedway Victory Lane
3/26/2011


Brent Marks drives the TC Automotive, Baps Paints and Auto Supply 19M. 

He has 2 wins, 1 top 5, and 4 top 10's in the 2011 season.

7th in points at Lincoln Speedway and 21st at Williams Grove





Interview

-We as fans have our opinions on which is better, Hoosiers or Goodyears, but as the driver what do you think?

Well for me, I was only able to race one season on the Hoosiers in a sprint car. But from what I can see and take from the two is, in my personal opinion, Goodyear produces excellent races. Hoosier supplies to good of tires and it tends to stretch out the field. It took all of us a while to figure out the Goodyears, they are more tedious but I have no complaints what so ever on their product. Everyone is on the same playing field and we all have to live with the decisions the tracks and series make, that's part of the evolution of racing.




-Your still young, so is there any driver you look up to? 

I look up to a few drivers. I have always been a fan of Stevie Smith, I still am. Racing against these guys has been a true honor and I have recently really started looking up to Lance Dewease. He is a true role model and I have great respect for the man.



-What are your future racing plans? 

I hope someday to become a World of Outlaw driver. It's a goal that I plan to reach and I look forward to any opportunities that may come my way. We are still a young team and hopefully someday we all open up some eyes. 



-Is there anything in particular that drew you to racing? 

I was basically born into it. It has been a part of my life forever and I have been attracted to it my entire life. I feel like I was born to do this and I really love it. I just love the atmosphere, the speed, smell, everything. It's great and an awesome sport to be a part of. 




-When your in the racecar what are you thinking about? 

I try to be calm as possible and create a game plan for the start of the race. I build my confidence and concentrate on how the track is changing. It's hard to go back and say what were you thinking while you were racing. Honestly, it's hard to think, we just make our decisions so quickly and make the moves. It's something that takes a long time to build, but once you do, it's like second nature. 




-The fans don't always see what happens "behind the scenes". How long does it take to build and work on the car? 

I go to school and work. So it takes all week for us to do the maintenance on the race car. If we are in a pinch, we can get it ready within a good few hours, but we take our time and do it right. Building a car can take several hours if you plan on doing one in a day, as long as you have all your fuel lines and such made up. In the beginning of the year, it takes a few weeks. 



-There are alot of big races coming up here in PA. Any that you would want to win? 


We go to each and every race and try and win it. The race I want to win is the next race, no matter if it's a $3000 to win or $100,000 to win.



-You use to race Sidewinders, Micro Sprints and Go Karts. What made you jump straight to 410s? 

It has always been my dream. Once we decided to move up, it was a tough decision. We don't have a lot of money and we work with what we got. We almost started in 358's but did some researching and talked to many different people about their opinions, etc. We decided to just go ahead and jump into the cream of the crop, 410's!



-How have your fans impacted your career?

Fans are awesome, they make you feel special and keep you motivated to put on a show each and every week. It's great to see the amount of support I received from my fans. They keep my happy and make me feel like I belong and am wanted in this sport. Without them, we would not be here. Fans are what make this sport and it's so important we keep our fans coming to the races. All of try our best to entertain every race, and we do!


-What makes the Pennsylvania Posse such a tough group to race in?

Posse has always been so tough. We race so many times a year and have the best equipment money can buy. We have tracks that teach us new things every week and we have guys who are willing to do whatever it takes to win. We spend a lot of money, put a ton of time in our teams, have loyal fans who keep us truckin', and the competition here in PA is like no other place in the world. We are Outlaw fast and have the history and records to show for it! Pennsylvania is truly the sprint car capital of the world and the Posse has earned it. Through thick and thin, the Posse prevails! It's an honor to be apart of. 
Brent's win at Lincoln Speedway
5/21/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment